Fall is most definitely our favorite time of the year. And not only because we make Stuffed Baked Apples. 🙂 We love the color changes of the trees, the cooler temperatures, the cold weather recipes, and the crispness that seems to permeate the air. This time of year just makes you feel good!
One of the things we love about living in Ohio is the changing of the seasons. We love it from a temperature standpoint, but also from a food standpoint. There is just something special about the different foods that come with the changing seasons. Fall foods bring dishes and recipes that include apples, pumpkin, cinnamon and other delicious spices and flavors. After the grilling season of summer, these fall foods are a welcome change. As foodies, we look forward to the change in food as much as we do the change in seasons. Maybe even more!
How to Make Stuffed Baked Apples
These Stuffed Baked Apples are most definitely a favorite fall food of ours. The brown sugar and cinnamon baking in the oven speaks to our fall foodie hearts. The smell of them baking is almost as good as the taste of them!
Stuffed Baked Apples are such a pretty dessert. They would be perfect for a bridal or baby shower. They would also be most welcome at a family gathering or dinner party. This recipe just has a rustic elegance to it that everyone loves.
Stuffed Baked Apples
- 4 large Honeycrisp Apples cores scooped out
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 6 TBSP salted butter sliced into 4 pieces (1 1/2 TBSP each)
- vanilla ice cream optional
- caramel sauce optional
- Wash the apples. Slice a little less than 1/3 off of the top of the apples. Scoop out the core so you have a well in the center (leave the bottom skin alone, you do not want a hole). Set the apples aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir together the pecans, raisins, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Fill each apple evenly with the brown sugar mixture. Use all of the mixture.
- Place the stuffed apples in a baking dish. Top each apple with 1 1/2 TBSP of butter and give an additional sprinkle of cinnamon. Put about a 1/2" of water in the baking pan so the bottoms of the apples are setting in it. This will help to steam and soften the apples as they are baking. If the water starts to dry up add a little more as the apples continue baking.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Let cool for several minutes before serving. Top with ice cream and caramel sauce, if desired.
These are so amazingly delicious just as they are. But…if you want to take them up a notch, we highly recommend vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. Oh my goodness! This takes them from great to amazing! Just check this out below! (Use a high quality caramel sauce to make this even richer.)
This is seriously beyond amazing! If you like baked apples, ice cream, and caramel syrup then you will love this recipe. Who wouldn’t want to give this a try? Also, if you love turning desserts into sundaes, make sure to check out our Single Serve Brownie that you can enjoy as a sundae!
You will never be so excited to see fall come so you can make these amazing Stuffed Baked Apples! Now that I am thinking about it…you really don’t have to wait for fall to come. You can honestly make this recipe any time of the year.
When you try this recipe please let us know what you think. We love reader feedback!
Have a great day and enjoy this fall season!