Sydney and I are so excited about our first ever blogging award! Small Town Living USA was nominated by Grits & Sand to receive this award. A huge thank you to Katie at Grits & Sand for this award! We were first introduced to Grits & Sand in March of 2018. Grits & Sand is such a fun and down-to-earth lifestyle blog that we have really enjoyed. When you get a chance make sure you check out Grits & Sand.
Another thank you is to this amazing blogging community that we belong to! Everyone is so nice and extremely helpful. We truly enjoy and are so glad to be part of this wonderful blogging family.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award? The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to the bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring in the blogging community.
Sydney and I (mother & daughter) started Small Town Living USA because of our shared passion for all things small town, our desire to promote small businesses, and our love of food, family time, and just doing this thing called “life.” We launched Small Town Living USA in January 2018. It has been a very fun and busy ride ever since!
Katie, at Grits & Sand, had some questions for Sydney and I. We are sharing them with you below.
1. What Fictional place would you like to live?
Stephanie – Stars Hollow (Gilmore Girls)
Sydney – Hogwarts
2. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Hands down for both of us it is Christmas!! We love the lights, decorations, baking, and wonderful family time.
3. Why did you start blogging?
Stephanie – I love journaling and writing.
Sydney – I love photography.
(Since we love hanging out together and have many of the same passions, blogging was for us!)
4. What is your favorite book?
Stephanie – The Baxter series by Karen Kingsbury (but I love reading so it was really hard choosing just one!)
Sydney – The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
5. What advice would you give a fellow blogger?
Stephanie – Write about your passions.
Sydney – Don’t stop when you get overwhelmed.
6. What is the best advice that you have been given?
Stephanie – It is ok to make mistakes. When you quit making mistakes you quit learning.
Sydney – Make sure you take a little time out for yourself.
7. If you could only have one item of makeup what would it be?
Stephanie – Foundation
Sydney – Concealer
8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Stephanie – A grandma!!!!
Sydney – A momma!!!!
9. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
We both LOVE inspirational quotes and couldn’t choose a favorite!
10. What is your favorite blog post that you have published so far?
Our favorite is our “Behind the Scenes with…” posts. We love promoting small businesses!!
11. What is one thing that you can’t live without?
Stephanie – coffee!!
Sydney – anything bread!! (Donuts are a favorite!)
Our Nominees for The Sunshine Blogger Award are:
Please check out the nominees blogs!
What are the rules for the nominees?
. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
. Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
. Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Stephanie & Sydney’s (Small Town Living USA) questions for the nominees:
1. What state do you live in?
2. What is your favorite dessert?
3. Do you have pets? If so, what types and what are their names?
4. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
5. If you could choose any profession, outside of blogging, what would it be?
6. What motivates you?
7. Where would you love to travel to that you have never been?
8. If you had to live in a foreign country which one would you choose and why?
9. If you had to pick one item to eat for the rest of your life what would you choose?
10. What is your favorite Broadway Musical?
11. If you could meet any famous person who would you choose?
Once again, we would like to thank Katie at Grits & Sand for this nomination!!
Have a great day everyone!