This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyFavoriteRolls #SistersKroger #SisterSchuberts
Sloppy Joe Bombs are so incredibly fast, easy, and yummy all around! These make a great lunch for kiddos during the week or even a snack to tide them over until dinner. The fluffy bread filled with hot sloppy joe mixture and cheese is the perfect bite all in one. We definitely recommend using Sister Schubert’s® Parker House Style Yeast Rolls for this recipe. Real homemade taste for real life!
Sloppy Joe Bombs Are Quick & Easy
First of all, what is a Sloppy Joe Bomb? They are basically small sloppy joe sandwiches filled inside warm rolls. Anytime I fixed something out of the ordinary for the kids that was creative and fun they absolutely loved it. And if memory serves me right, they might have eaten a few more bites than normal!
The awesome thing about this recipe is that you can make the sloppy joe mixture ahead of time! You can whip it up over the weekend when you have a little extra time, during nap time, after the kids go to bed, etc. Just put it in an airtight container and pop it in the fridge until you are ready to make the Sloppy Joe Bombs.
You also have another option to choose from…you can either make sloppy joes out of a premixed can from the store or you can make a homemade recipe (like this one). Either one works perfectly in this recipe!
Not Just For the Holidays
We know what you are thinking… If you are like us, up until recently we viewed Sister Schubert’s® Rolls as more of a roll you have around the holidays. Boy were we wrong! These rolls are SO versatile and really brought these Sloppy Joe Bombs to a much easier level!
So are there any mommas who are reading this post? Even though I’m an empty nester momma, I can remember the days when all I wanted was to find some holy-grail recipes that could fit into my busy and hectic life! With this meal, you don’t have to worry about time or lack of taste. You will be able to whip up these Sloppy Joe Bombs quickly, as well as feel good about what you are feeding those little tummies.
Sloppy Joe Bombs
- 1 package Sister Schubert’s® Parker House Style Yeast Rolls
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 can sloppy joe mix or you can use a homemade recipe (one is listed above)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- olive oil enough to brush over the tops of the rolls
- dried parsley for garnish
- Make your sloppy joe mixture. You can either do this in advance and have it out of the way or do it the day of. It will not change the taste of this recipe. *Don't forget to get your Sister Schubert’s® Rolls out of the freezer to thaw.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Once your meat is ready and the rolls are thawed, you can start the filling process. Begin by hallowing out your rolls. If you have a corer, you can try using that for this part, however we do not have one. So, we just used a butter knife to create a cave inside. (Don't get rid of the bread that you scrape out)
- Next, you sprinkle a small amount of cheddar cheese down into the pocket you have made. Then, add a small spoonful of the sloppy joe mixture and top it off with a little more cheese.
- The last part is to add some of the bread (from when you were hallowing them out) back over the opening. Place each one back into the pan that the rolls came in. It will be a tight squeeze; they should all be touching each other.
- Once all of the rolls are back in place, take a little olive oil and brush it over the tops. Then, sprinkle on some dried parsley.
- Pop the pan into the oven for 15-20 minutes (you want to make sure the cheese gets melted).
- Once they are done, serve immediately (with napkins)!
Where to Shop
Sister Schubert’s® Rolls have delicious flavor (and smell when you are baking them!!!) and a wonderful buttery homemade taste. Is anyone’s mouth watering yet?!
We love how easy it is to shop at Kroger. Thankfully, they carry everything we need for this recipe! Now, don’t go to the bread and buns aisle of the store; you will leave empty handed if so. You can find Sister Schubert’s® Rolls with the frozen breads in the freezer section. Click here to add them to your Kroger shopping cart.
So what are you waiting for? Head on out, get your ingredients, and add this meal to your meal plan for the week! Your kids will be glad you did. #MyFavoriteRolls #SistersKroger #SisterSchuberts