Sydney and I love an easy to prepare meal. Even though we are constantly cooking and baking, we are just like you…busy!! Some evenings we are either super busy or super tired and just want something easy and quick to whip up for dinner. To the rescue comes this great salmon foil packets recipe!
Sitka Salmon Shares
This was our first time trying salmon from Sitka Salmon Shares. Talk about convenient and easy, you just place your order online and then it is delivered right to your door in a special cooler. Each item is vacuum sealed in single servings. Absolutely perfect! No store shopping and they are right in your freezer ready for those busy evening meals. Seriously, it is great!
Salmon Foil Packets Clean Up
To stay with our quick and easy meal theme we wanted the clean up to be as quick and easy as the meal itself. So enter aluminum foil. No pans and baking dishes to scrub on after dinner. Just toss the foil in the trash. This is really our kind of a meal on a busy night. Hopefully this quick dinner and clean up will give you a little time to relax and enjoy your family.
Meal And Side Dish All In One
What goes great with salmon? Asparagus does! Salmon and asparagus go together like salt and pepper or peanut butter and jelly. So we made this recipe with these two main ingredients in mind. Add in some fresh lemon juice, melted butter, chopped parsley and salt & pepper and dinner is served.
Salmon Foil Packets
- 2 slices salmon fillet
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 4 tablespoons salted butter cut into tiny pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic optional, if desired
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut two sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil into 16 x 14 inch pieces.
- Lay the two pieces of foil side by side. Lay a piece of salmon and half the trimmed asparagus on each piece of foil.
- Drizzle with the lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and tiny butter pieces. Add a clove of garlic to each if desired.
- Close the foil around the salmon and asparagus. Pinch the edges together. Don't wrap too tightly. Leave a little room in the packet for heat to circulate.
- Place the packets onto a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes or until the temperature of the salmon reaches 145 degrees F.
- When they are finished garnish with the fresh parsley. You can enjoy them right out of the foil packet or transfer to a plate.
I don’t know how much easier or more delicious this could be? Do you? Sometimes a girl needs a break! Salmon foil packets have just made your life much easier and tastier. You are very welcome! 🙂
If you prefer grilling, this salmon foil packets recipe would be perfect for that. If you like different spices, add them in. Salmon is versatile and you can play with this recipe and change it up for you and your family.
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe for when you need to have dinner on the table now! Have a great day!