When I think of summertime and my childhood, popsicles, creamsicles and fudgesicles always come to mind. My sister and I loved these when we were growing up. These were our summer childhood staples. My sister and I had a great childhood; when memories come to mind for us it is a really great thing. Well, Sydney and I have created a new adult summertime staple with these Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots!
Wow, the orange gelatin and the whipped topping bring back the creamsicle childhood taste and the whipped vodka is an added adult twist. So yummy and perfect! The combination of great taste and childhood memories make these a huge win for me!
Not only do these taste like summer, but they look like summer. The bright orange color just screams warm weather and sunshine. They are both pretty and delicious! Now, who doesn’t love pretty and delicious?
Ingredients for Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots
Along with being pretty and delicious, they are also super easy to make. Who doesn’t like a super easy recipe? Especially one that looks and taste good! Pictured below is the only ingredients you need. Whipped topping is optional but very strongly recommended! It just brings an added sweetness and prettiness to this delicious creation.
These Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots are the perfect summertime treat for adults. They are always a huge hit, but mostly definitely appreciated in the hot weather months. They just seem to call out to us more during the summertime.
What Kind of Cups?
You will need 2 ounce plastic souffle cups for this recipe. If you are making them a day or so ahead (or are going to be traveling with them) you will want to purchase the lids for them if they are sold separately.
This recipe makes a dozen shots. You can easily double or triple it for a large group or party. We highly recommend this step! 🙂
Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots
- 1 cup whipped vodka
- 1 3 ounce box orange flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- whipped topping optional
- 12 two ounce cups
- Place twelve cups on a baking sheet (more if you have doubled or tripled the recipe). Set aside.
- Using a medium sized saucepan bring 1 cup of water to a rapid boil. Add the orange gelatin to the boiling water and using a whisk, continually whisk until the gelatin is dissolved completely. Add 1 cup of chilled whipped vodka and stir in.
- Pour the mixture into the cups that were set aside earlier. Pour 3/4 of the way full in each cup.
- Place the baking sheet with the gelatin mixture cups into the refrigerator and chill for at least 3 hours.
- When the gelatin has set they are ready for serving. Top with whipped topping before serving, if desired.
These are so delicious and so perfect for an adult party or get together. We highly recommend them for the warm summer months. Your family and friends will appreciate them as much as you will. We promise!
Want to have two different types of jello shots to enjoy? Check out these adorable Watermelon Jello Shots!
Have a great summer and enjoy some Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots!