Be prepared for the best homemade cheesecake brownies ever!! Brownies are a definite given for me because of my love for chocolate. If you have learned anything about me by now it is how much I (Stephanie) love chocolate (and coffee). Back to the brownies, though. I love brownies any way you make them. Whether the brownie is plain, has nuts, is covered in icing or is sprinkled with powdered sugar…it always calls my name!
Cheesecake is another definite given for me. I love plain cheesecake, cheesecake topped with fruit, turtle cheesecake, mocha cheesecake and so on. You get the idea. I love cheesecake!
Let Us Introduce You to Homemade Cheesecake Brownies!
Combine brownies and cheesecake and oh my goodness! What could be better than the creamy goodness of cheesecake with the crusty flakiness of a brownie? These two go together like salt & pepper and peanut butter & jelly. They are great alone and pure perfection when combined. That’s why I love these homemade cheesecake brownies!
Just look at the crustiness of this brownie with the cream cheese center. What is not to love? I wish you guys were here to try these bad boys. They are so decadent! I know you would love them as much as I do!
Ok, I apologize for teasing you. To make up for it I am going to share this delicious recipe with you. But you have to promise to make them. Your family, friends, coworkers, church group, etc will love you for sharing these homemade cheesecake brownies with them. I am assuming you are going to share! I guess I could be mistaken. If you do decide to keep them all for yourself, I promise not to tell. 🙂
Tips Before You Bake
Here are a couple of tips before you begin baking. The first tip is that you can use an 8×8 or a 9×9 glass baking dish. We used an 8×8 glass baking dish. If you go with a 9×9 dish you will want to adjust the cooking time down by several minutes. A 9×9 dish will not produce as thick of a cheesecake brownie as an 8×8 dish will.
The second tip is that you grease the baking dish and you use parchment paper to line the dish. This may seem redundant, but it allows you to grasp the corners of the parchment paper and lift the homemade cheesecake brownies right out. This way you can allow them to cool for a couple of minutes in the baking dish and then lift them out and set on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
These take a little while to cool because they are so thick. They tend to keep the glass baking dish pretty warm, because they are so thick, which will allow them to keep baking for longer than you want them to.
Homemade Cheesecake Brownies
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 extra large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 or 9x9 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments. Stir after each 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl. Next add in the melted chocolate butter mixture and mix until combined. Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- In the microwave, in 30 second increments, melt the white chocolate chips. Stir after each 30 seconds.
- Mix the cream cheese, egg and sugar and beat until smooth. Next stir in the melted white chocolate chips until well combined.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared glass dish and spread evenly. Drop spoonfuls of the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter. Spread with a knife. Top with the remaining brownie batter and spread evenly over the cheesecake mixture.
- Take a knife and swirl the mixture around a bit. You want to run some of the cheesecake mixture through the brownie batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the brownie top crinkles and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a couple of minutes in the dish and then lift the parchment paper by the corners and let finish cooling on a baking rack. Make sure and let them cool completely before you cut into squares.
These are so worth making from scratch instead of a box mix! I promise you will not be sorry if you spend a little extra time and energy in making these from scratch. They are that good!
The inspiration for this recipe came from Yummiest Food. Thanks for the great idea!
We hope you enjoyed today’s recipe and give these amazing homemade cheesecake brownies a try. They are so worth it! And if you like the crinkly brownie topping, definitely check out these brownie crinkle cookies!
Have a great day!