Halloween Chocolate Dipped Cookies are always a crowd pleaser at parties! This brownie-like cookie has a deep chocolate flavor; then when you dip them in the white chocolate you get a well rounded chocolate cookie! And who wouldn’t want the fun Halloween sprinkles as a bonus!?
We absolutely love holidays! While Halloween isn’t our favorite one, we still love to get in the spirit and have a little fun. These Halloween Chocolate Dipped Cookies definitely bring a Halloween vibe to your kitchen.
Make sure to notice that this cookie dough has to chill at least one hour and can go as long as overnight. Too many times than we can count we haven’t taken this into consideration… Just one of our #kitchenfails that we have to shrug our shoulders and move on from. 🙂
Another thing to point out is that you need specific types of cocoa powders. Halloween Chocolate Dipped Cookies require Dutch-process cocoa powder and black cocoa powder. We purchased King Arthur brand since they carry both types. We love one-stop shopping!
And the last tip we will give you is when dipping the cookies in the white chocolate, don’t glob it on. Let the excess run off back into the bowl. If you don’t do this, the white chocolate will spread out when you lay them on the wax paper. Then, it will have a wide saucer appearance.
This recipe is so versatile. You can easily switch out the white chocolate (for the dipping part) with colored candy melts to add some color. Places like Jo Ann’s and Hobby Lobby have huge selections of colors to pick from!
Another thing you can mix up is the sprinkles. Maybe you come to love this recipe, but it is May. Grab some red, white, and blue sprinkles and decorate them for Memorial Day! You could do blue candy melts for the dipped part and then put white star sprinkles on top. You can get as creative as you’d like with the decorating.
Halloween Chocolate Dipped Cookies
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp black cocoa powder sifted
- 2 tbsp Dutch-process cocoa powder sifted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 extra large egg room temperature
- 1/2 bag white chocolate morsels melted
- Halloween sprinkles
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt, baking soda, flour, and cocoa powders. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, beat sugars and butter on med-high speed until light in color and fluffy. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce speed of mixer and add in the vanilla and egg. Beat until well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Cover and chill dough for 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place balls of dough (using a medium cookie scoop) onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10-14 minutes. You want the middle of the cookies to be set.
- Cool on pan for 5-10 minutes, then place on a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled completely, melt your white chocolate and dip the cookies in so that half the cookie is covered. Let excess chocolate drip off and then gently place on wax paper. Immediately top with Halloween sprinkles.
The inspiration for our Halloween Chocolate Dipped Cookies came from livforcake.com. Thanks Liv!
We hope you have a great Halloween this year and turn on your creative being! Happy Halloween!
If you are looking for another Halloween recipe, these Halloween Brownie Cupcakes are a family favorite!