Easy Cheesy Taco Pasta is a delicious twist on Taco Tuesday! Using a few staple pantry items, whip up this flavor-packed meal in no time at all. An added bonus is that this meal is super kid-friendly!
Old Classic Twist
Is anyone else getting tired of the same meals over and over? I don’t know what restrictions your state has right now with this pandemic, but Ohio is under a “Stay At Home” order for two weeks (at least). So we are desperately trying to come up with new recipes to mix things up!
Since we always have ingredients to make tacos on hand, we decided to change an old classic into a one-pot-wonder. Who doesn’t love one-pot meals?! Less prep time and less clean up…hallelujah!
Easy Cheesy Taco Pasta
This recipe is so incredibly easy! You literally cook your ground beef, add in a few ingredients and let it do its magic.
Your pasta noodles go in uncooked; so you don’t even need a separate pot of water to boil them in! Yay! We chose to use rotini pasta, but you could easily switch that out to whatever you have on hand; macaroni elbows, bow ties, rotelle (wagon wheels), shells, etc.
The salsa you choose will change the way your Easy Cheesy Taco Pasta tastes. If you like a little kick to yours, do a hot & spicy salsa; if you like a very low-key flavor, choose a mild salsa; if you like some chunks throughout your pasta to give it some texture, choose a chunky salsa. It’s so easy to change up this recipe and have a different taste if that’s what you are looking for.
Another great way to change up the flavors of this dish is with your toppings! You can go with as many or as little as you want. More cheese, lettuce, avocados, taco sauce, cilantro, tortilla chips, tomatoes, sour cream, etc. There are so many to choose from. One of my favorites is cilantro.
Easy Cheesy Taco Pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 ounce Taco Seasoning packet
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup salsa choose whatever kind you like (mild, medium, thick & chunky, hot & spicy, etc)
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini pasta or other type of pasta, if you prefer
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings of your choice Cilantro, shredded lettuce, more cheese, chopped tomatoes, avocados, sour cream, etc.
- Cook ground beef over medium heat in a deep skillet (you'll want to make sure it is big enough to hold the rest of the ingredients of this recipe...remember, this is a one-pot-recipe).
- Drain the grease off of the ground beef and add back into the skillet. Add in the taco seasoning, salt, and pepper, then stir.
- Add in water, pasta noodles, and salsa to the skillet, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Stir again, then then cover with a lid, and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook about 15-20 minutes (this will depend on how tender you like your pasta).
- Stir in the cheese until melted.
- Serve and enjoy! Don't forget to top with desired toppings.
We would love to hear how you changed up this recipe! Leave us a comment below!
We hope all of you are staying safe and healthy! Have a great day.