Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread is a wonderful sweet bread. It has a layer of cream cheese in the middle that brings a richness and keeps the bread moist. This is a great dessert to serve in the fall or at Thanksgiving.
Fall is quickly approaching. Fall is Sydney and my favorite time of the year. We love everything fall brings, especially the baking that we didn’t do as much of during the summer. I think we are so busy during the summer with outdoor activities and vacations that we just don’t have as much time to bake. Fall seems to just invite us to slow back down and the crisp, cool air just begs us to start all the baking up again. Obviously, we are more than happy to oblige. 🙂
How To Make Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread
Fall also brings with it pumpkin season. Sydney and I love creating new recipes with pumpkin. Just as summer screams watermelon, fall screams pumpkins. Fall and winter are when Sydney and I find ourselves baking bread more often. So, we decided to kick this fall season off with a bread recipe. You are in for a special treat with this delicious recipe. The cream cheese layer helps the pumpkin bread to remain moist throughout the baking process. This is most definitely a recipe that we will continue to make again and again.
This bread has such a beautiful rustic appearance. Look at the swirl of light cream cheese against the burnt orange color of the pumpkin bread. It is truly as awesome to look at as it is to smell and eat! And if you are looking for decor/serveware to spice up your hosting game, we highly recommend Hobby Lobby for fall decor!
You will want to set your cream cheese out for a bit so it is softened before you begin making the recipe. This recipe calls for pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree. These may be a couple of ingredients that you may not have on hand.
This is a dense pumpkin bread partially because of the cream cheese. Also, the addition of the cream cheese makes this bread more moist which requires a little extra baking time. You will want to allow 70-75 minutes for baking. We promise, it will be worth the baking time!
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 8 ounce pkg cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Using cooking spray, grease a 9x5 inch bread pan.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the sugar, eggs, oil, and pumpkin puree using an electric mixer. Mix until well combined.
- Combine the flour mixture, that was set aside earlier, to the pumpkin puree mixture. Do this in three increments, stirring after each addition. Stir each time until just combined. Don't over stir. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the cream cheese, flour, sugar, egg, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Mix until smooth.
Filling the bread pan
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of the batter into the prepared bread pan. Add the cream cheese mixture over top of this layer. Add the remaining batter over top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted in the middle, comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing. Place on a wire rack to finish cooling.
A hot cup of coffee or tall glass of ice-cold milk goes perfectly with this recipe. It makes the perfect late night snack or after dinner dessert. Either way you can’t go wrong!
This Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread is so moist and flavorful. The spice blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice is pure perfection.
When you are ready to celebrate fall, kick this amazing season off with our delicious bread. Welcome to fall, y’all!