During spring, summer and fall you will find us grilling. We love grilled foods! It doesn’t matter what it is, as long as it is grilled. When we are having company for dinner we love to make kabobs. They are just a fun food that everyone seems to enjoy. Give these Cilantro Lime Kabobs a try for your next summer get together!
Kabobs are really very versatile. Meat and veggies, meat and potatoes, all veggies or a combination of them all. Anything goes when you are making these.
What is on Cilantro Lime Kabobs?
One of our family favorites is these Cilantro Lime Kabobs that we make with chicken breasts. It is also a very healthy meal which is really nice. We love it when good taste and healthy foods come together. This is one such recipe.
Our family loves the sweetness of a red onion on a grilled kabob. You will almost always find a red onion on ours. Chicken breast, green pepper and orange pepper finish off our combination of meat and veggies for our personal favorites on a kabob.
Change Them Up!
You can always use different peppers or none at all. You can add mushrooms or potatoes. If you don’t like onions…leave them off. If you like corn you can always thread on small portions of corn on the cob. Anything goes. Pick your favorites and run with them!
This recipe has a very citrus flavor to it that is perfect for summer time. It is light and refreshing. Sometimes it is nice to have a lighter meal in the summer months, especially when it is hot outside.
We love visiting farmer’s markets and getting fresh produce for grilling. It just screams summer for us.
Serve Alone or With a Side
This is a meal in itself or you can serve with rice or potatoes. Cilantro Lime Kabobs is a go-to for us because it is so easy and delicious. We get many requests for this recipe from our dinner guests.
Cilantro Lime Kabobs
- 2 pounds chicken breasts cut into large chunks
- 3 small limes juiced
- 1 bunch cilantro fresh
- 1 medium red onion cut into large chunks
- 1 medium green pepper cut into large chunks
- 1 medium orange pepper cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken breasts into large chunks and place in a large plastic zip bag. Add the juice from the limes into the bag along with the olive oil. Seal and mix the contents around to coat. Place the bag in the fridge for 30 minutes to several hours.
- Cut the onion and peppers into large chunks. Remove the pieces of chicken breast from the bag and discard the bag and juices. Thread the chicken, onion, and peppers on metal skewers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium high heat for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear from the chicken. (We use a charcoal grill to add that extra grilled flavor to the kabobs.)
- Place the kabobs on a platter and sprinkle generously with the chopped cilantro.
These kabobs are great for cookouts, parties, and week night meals. They also make the most amazing leftovers. Remove the meat and veggies from the skewers into small containers and lunch is ready to take to work the next day. So super easy!
If you love grilling and kabobs then this is the perfect recipe for you and your family. Let us know if you make it and what you selected for your veggies.
Have an amazing summer!