Chocolate Snack Bars are a yummy way to fill hungry tummies throughout the school day or after school. Chocolate and peanut butter compliment the Rice Krispies and oats. And what little one doesn’t love Mini M&Ms?!
With back-to-school already upon some of us and getting super close for the rest of us, we thought these Chocolate Snack Bars were a necessity! Whether you have decided to homeschool/distance learn or send your kiddos to school for some normalcy, this recipe will be loved by all!
Quick & Easy
Chocolate Snack Bars are very quick to pull together. They don’t require an oven at all. As long as you have a microwave and a fridge, you are all set!
You can easily make these in the morning, pop into the fridge, and get some chores done for a couple of hours. Come back and they will be set and hardened. Cut them into bars and spread them out. Then, melt down some chocolate, drizzle the tops of the bars, and sprinkle on M&Ms. If your hand gets a little heavy on the M&M sprinkling, we won’t tell anyone. 🙂
To make Chocolate Snack Bars a bit healthier, there are some natural substitutions that you can switch out. For the peanut butter, use natural peanut butter. For the semi-sweet chocolate chips, use Nestle Toll House Simply Delicious Semi-Sweet Chips. They only have three ingredients! We absolutely love them. And last but not least, use raw honey in place of the clear, processed kind.
If your family isn’t big on M&Ms, switch them out for a different candy. Break up their favorite candy bar on top. Try using some nuts. Maybe just leave some plain. The options are endless!
Chocolate Snack Bars Recipe
Chocolate Snack Bars
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for top drizzle
- 1/2 cup Mini M&Ms, plus more for tops of bars
- Using parchment paper or foil, line a 9x9 baking dish.
- Heat honey and peanut butter for one minute in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add in the brown sugar and whisk together. Then, stir in vanilla.
- Add oats, Rice Krispies, chocolate chips, and M&Ms to the mixture. Stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- Spray a little non-stick cooking spray onto your hands or the bottom of a cup and press mixture down into the pan. The object is to pack everything together and have a smooth top (you don't want lumpy bars).
- Refrigerate for two hours.
- Slice into bars (choose the width you like).
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with M&Ms (or a different candy/nuts).
Let us know what your creation turns out to be and how your family liked them! Have a great school year!
These recipes are really great for school time, too: