This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #YuenglingFlyAway #CollectiveBias
It is fall! Have we mentioned before how much we love fall? Not only for the change of weather, but also for the change in food. We are ready to go from grilling and salads to hot comfort foods. Nothing warms you up more than sloppy joes and these Cheesy Beer Sloppy Joes really hit the spot in the cooler weather.
Along with cool weather and warm comfort foods come all the fall festivals, concerts, and tailgating opportunities. This recipe is perfect for such occasions. Hanging out with friends and having a good time makes the fall season even better. If you and your friends love music and hanging out together then you won’t want to miss out on the chance to win a trip to Riptide Music Festival in Ft. Lauderdale, FL November 23rd and 24th. This program is running September 15th through October 12th. We are almost as excited to share this with you as we are this delicious recipe! All you have to do is text RIPTIDE to 65047 or via URL (see rules for full details, open to legal residents 21+). How much fun would this be for you and your friends?!
Time For Cheesy Beer Sloppy Joes!
Sydney and I are always creating fun and tasty recipes. Creating recipes, eating, and trying new food are our passions! This recipe was so much fun to create and we loved that our husbands were huge fans of it! These Cheesy Beer Sloppy Joes were a big hit with our guys. They both loved the delicious combination of Yuengling Traditional Lager, cheddar cheese puddles, and lots of bacon. Have we mentioned how much we love cooking and baking for our family?! 🙂
Happy Anniversary Yuengling!
As females and a mother daughter duo, Sydney and I love the fact that Yuengling is operated by its 6th generation. This generation is all women and they just happen to be four sisters. We love this! Family is as important to them as it is to us! Make sure to check out their blog!
Sydney and I love working together and we enjoy meeting with and working with other family run businesses. It also happens to be the 190th Anniversary of Yuengling Brewery, which is America’s Oldest Brewery and original PA craft brewery. Happy Anniversary and congratulations to these sisters – Jen, Wendy, Debbie, and Sheryl! They had an awesome celebration in Pottsville with their 190th summer concert this past July!
Cheesy Beer Sloppy Joes
- 10 slices bacon torn into large chunks
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 cup Yuengling Traditional Lager
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/8 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 TBSP light brown sugar
- 2 cups cheddar cheese cubed
- 6 buns (we used Brioche Buns)
- Cook bacon, on medium high heat, until done but not too crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain. Drain all the bacon grease from the pan except for 1 tablespoon.
- Add the chopped onions and celery to the 1 tablespoon of bacon grease and cook on medium heat until softened (5 minutes or so).
- Add the ground chuck to the cooked onions and celery and cook on medium heat. Leave the ground chuck in bite size pieces, don't break it up too much (you don't want tiny crumbles). Cook until browned. Drain the excess grease off.
- Place the drained ground chuck, onions, and celery back into the skillet. Add in the Yuengling Traditional Lager or Lager, beef broth, ketchup, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, and brown sugar. Combine well. Cook until most of the juice has evaporated, leaving behind a thickened sauce.
- Add in the cubes of cheddar cheese and cooked bacon that was torn into large pieces after cooking. Let the cheese melt some, but don't completely melt it. You want there to be puddles of cheese throughout the skillet.
- Serve on toasted buns of your choice and enjoy.
Happiness = Cheesy Beer Sloppy Joes
The flavors just seem to be made for each other in these Cheesy Beer Sloppy Joes. We can’t begin to tell you how amazing this recipe is. It speaks to the females in your family because of all the amazing flavors and how quick and easy the recipe is. It speaks to the guys in your family because it is so filling and full of three of their favorite ingredients: meat, beer, and cheese. What more could a guy ask for?
Whether you make these for a fun tailgating party or a get-together after going to a festival, we promise they will be a huge hit with all of your family and friends. Learn where to find Yuengling here!
We hope you enjoy this fall weather and get in some tailgating, concerts, and festivals. Make these amazing Cheesy Beer Sloppy Joes for your family this fall! Have a great day!