The Best French Toast has been found! Whether you like to top yours with fresh berries, syrup, or powdered sugar, this recipe is wonderful. Start out with thick slices of Texas Toast, dip into the magic mixture, and cook! It’s that simple.
Slowing Down On Saturdays
Our family loves a good breakfast. The weekends are just meant for breakfast. I guess because we all are so busy during the week and are going different directions at different times that breakfast together isn’t really an option. We welcome a slow Saturday morning where we can make breakfast together and then enjoy it together leisurely. No rushing off here and there. Nothing more important to do than just catch up with each other. It is heavenly bliss! We truly treasure this special time together!
Many Saturday mornings, especially when the weather starts turning cooler, you will find us making french toast in the kitchen together. Our Best French Toast recipe is one we have been making for years. It is as much a part of our family as we all are.
The Best French Toast Secrets
Our favorite toppings for french toast are maple syrup, powdered sugar, whipped cream, butter, and fresh berries. The berries turn it into a healthy dish, right? Because, you know, berries are a fruit and fruit is healthy! You have to give us credit for trying!
Love of Cinnamon
We love cinnamon in our Best French Toast. If you are not a fan you can leave it out. It will not change the recipe at all, except for the taste. We just love the richness that the cinnamon adds to the french toast. We are huge fans of cinnamon if you haven’t figured that out already from some of our other recipes. Our favorite cinnamon is linked above!
Texas Toast for the Win!
We use Texas Toast because we love a thicker slice of french toast. The thicker slices also keep it from getting soggy as quickly. For those of you who have been reading our blog for awhile know how badly Sydney and I hate soggy foods. We just can’t do them. This Texas Toast is the perfect solution for the soggy problem.
Best French Toast
- 4 Tablespoons whole milk
- 2 extra large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon more or less to taste
- 4 tablespoons salted buttter
- 4 slices Texas toast
- Prep your bread. You can cut the Texas Toast into two triangles or cook the slices whole.
- Heat an electric skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in the electric skillet or griddle. Once the butter is melted, quickly dip the Texas Toast into the egg batter. Make sure both sides are covered. Be quick because you don't want the Texas Toast to get soggy.
- Place the battered Texas Toast onto the skillet or griddle. Cook for several minutes on each side. If you like yours a little browner, give an additional minute or so for each side. We all like ours a little bit more brown.
- Place onto plates and serve with your favorite toppings.
Give Me The Butter!
We love using salted butter because we like the touch of salt against all the sweetness. The salted butter is the perfect compliment to all the sweetness…especially after we load on all the sugary toppings!
If you are a lover of all things breakfast, be sure to check out these awesome morning recipes.
We hope that you get a Saturday morning to make our Best French Toast recipe. It is our favorite recipe for french toast and we think there is a good chance that it will become yours also.
Have a great and sweet day!