This BBQ Chicken Wrap recipe is super easy. It makes a great weeknight meal when you are running low on time. The BBQ sauce and cheddar cheese compliment each other so well. And then, when you add in the golden brown wrap, you have a perfect meal for the entire family.
We love finding new recipes that are not only easy, but quick! Sometimes our day just gets away from us and we don’t have hours to devote to making dinner. Or, we don’t get home until 5 or 6 o’clock and need to be able to whip something up in a flash.
Short Cut Time
This BBQ Chicken Wrap recipe definitely comes in handy on those nights! You can use leftover shredded chicken from the night before so you don’t have to spend the time cooking the chicken. If you don’t have any chicken on hand, you can always grab a rotisserie chicken from your grocery store and shred it up. This is a holy grail short cut! 🙂
If you find folding a burrito is not one of your great talents, do not fear! It’s not as bad as you might think. Here is a great description on how to easily fold a burrito!
If you don’t like cilantro, leave it out. If you think some black beans would add a nice texture and flavor to the wraps, add them in. This recipe is so versatile; make it suitable for your family’s taste!
If you have a divided house on what ingredients to put in, make the BBQ chicken part first, put them on each tortilla, then add the “wanted” extra ingredients to each person’s wrap. Custom orders don’t take any longer with this recipe. Mom win!
What Goes With This Recipe?
You can really serve whatever you’d like as a side dish with this BBQ Chicken Wrap recipe. However, we do have a couple favorites we typically stick with.
Spanish rice goes really well with the Tex-Mex flavor of this dish. We also like to serve chips & salsa and/or chips & guacamole with the wraps, as well.
BBQ Chicken Wrap Recipe
BBQ Chicken Wrap
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded (short cut: buy a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce (add more if it seems dry)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp oil
- Add chicken and BBQ sauce in a mixing bowl. Don't be shy to add more sauce if you need to. Toss together.
- Add in cheese and cilantro to the mixture and combine.
- Put 1/2 a cup of the mixture onto the center of a tortilla. Fold over the end pieces of the tortilla, then bring the two larger sides to the center, over the opposing folded ends. You want this to resemble a burrito once you have it folded.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and turn the burner on to medium heat. Place the wraps in the skillet seam-side-down.
- Brush the tops of the wraps with oil (this will help bring out the golden brown crispiness).
- Turn the wraps every 1-2 minutes until desired crispness is achieved. Enjoy!
Let us know what you add into your wraps to make them your own! We love new ideas to incorporate into our meals. Have a great day!
Other great dinner recipes to check out: