I am always in the mood for a chocolate chip cookie. Being the chocolate lover that I am, I will never turn down a chocolate chip cookie. If it is a warm and gooey chocolate chip cookie, even better! With this recipe that I am going to share with you, Sydney and I took the chocolate chip cookie to a whole new level. Let me introduce to you bakery style chocolate chip cookies! You can truly see the chunks of amazing chocolate in the picture below!
The inspiration for this recipe came from The Stay at Home Chef. Of course, in true Small Town Living USA style, we had to put our own spin on the recipe. We added chunks of dark chocolate and milk chocolate morsels for the perfect chocolate combination. A sprinkle of sea salt on the top of the cookies, to take the richness down a notch, was the perfect touch. We love a light salty sweetness!
Take The Plunge, Mix It Up
We have many family members who always follow a recipe exactly. Sydney and I have never been ones to do that. As far back as I can remember, I have always changed up a recipe to suite my own personal taste buds. After getting married, I had to change them up to meet my husband’s tastes also. Then add in picky little ones, and changing them up was a must! It is so odd to me how people will not make a recipe because they don’t care for an ingredient in it. I say “change it!”. Please never, ever miss out on a great recipe just because you don’t like an ingredient! That would be such a shame.
We almost always use salted butter, extra large eggs and whole milk in our recipes. We just love how these ingredients enhance the flavor and make a better texture to the foods we enjoy! If you enjoy baking and cooking, then try to get comfortable changing up a recipe. Once you have done it a couple of times, you will be hooked. It is just so much fun to put a new twist on a recipe. It almost becomes a challenge to see what kind of tasty spin you can put on it!
Caution: Wide Load
Just so you don’t panic when you see how many cookies this recipe makes, keep in mind that these cookies are huge and thick (the pictures are deceiving, take our word for it)! That is the “bakery style” part of these cookies. So when you see that this recipe only makes 10 cookies that is why, because they are huge…about the size of my hand!
These bakery style chocolate chip cookies call for cake flour along with all-purpose flour. You also need to use parchment paper when baking. We just wanted to give you a heads up to a couple of extra things you will need with this recipe, along with the chocolate chunks and milk chocolate morsels mentioned above.
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels
- sprinkle sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, mix the butter, sugar and brown sugar on low. Once the ingredients are combined, increase the speed to medium and mix until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat just until combined.
- Next, add in the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and morsels with a large spoon or spatula. Do not mix these in with the stand mixer.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal parts. Roll into large balls. (Note: Freeze the balls until hardened if you like a thicker cookie; this is what we did.) Place on parchment covered baking sheets. Only bake 4 balls per baking sheet. They will take up a lot of room as they expand. Sprinkle with a little bit of sea salt.
- Bake for 13- 15 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned. Let cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
These are amazing! I so wish you could smell and taste them! You will have to take our word for it, or better yet make them for your family.
Today (and every day actually) is the perfect day to make these delicious
bakery style chocolate chip cookies.
Remember, take a leap of faith when you are cooking and baking and change up the recipes to fit the needs and tastes of your family. You will be so glad you did.
Have a great and awesome day!